Thin-film Surface Thermocouple NS series
Features of NS series
Two types are available: The general type and the high-temperature resistant type.
Regarding the size of the thin-film part, two types are also available: The standard type and the miniature type.
Only the general type is available.
Regarding the size of the thin-film part, only the miniature type is available.
- The three features of the thin-film surface thermocouple, the insulation of which is ultrathin film, are as follows:
1. More accurate and stable temperature measurement
2. Stress-free and prompt thermal responsiveness
3. A hot junction with a wide contact area
- Upper temperature limit
General type: Temperatures up to 200℃ can be measured.
High-temperature resistant type: Temperatures up to 300℃ can be measured since this type uses adhesive-free polyimide film as the insulation for the hot junction. (Please note that the upper temperature limit of the lead wire is 260℃.) Minimal outgases are generated.
- The hot junction is one terminal of a duplex insulated thermocouple wire which is an optimal length for use. Therefore, there is no need to prepare another lead wire.
- Duplex insulated thermocouple wire insulated with fluorine resin (PFA), is resistant to heat up to 260℃ and excels in chemical resistance. Furthermore, a twist pair configuration reduces the noise caused by electromagnetic induction.
- In response to customers’ requirements, we can also offer thin-film surface thermocouples with one special terminal, such as a bare terminal, a terminal with a thermocouple connector (our original product “TWINTOR”), and a Y terminal. We can also offer thin-film surface thermocouples, such as one with an uninsulated hot junction.
We can provide cut samples of products.
For cut samples, please contact Matsui, Sales Department.
Product outline drawings (examples)
|K thermocouple||T thermocouple|
|General type||High-temperature resistant type||General type|
|Size of the thin-film part||Approx. 20 x 10||Approx. 14 x 10||Approx. 17 x 10||Approx. 10 x 10||Approx. 14 x 10|
|Size of the thin-film part||Approx. 0.15||<-||Approx. 0.1||<-||Approx. 0.15|
|Strand diameter of the lead wire||0.2||<-||0.2||<-||0.2|
|Standard overall diameter of the lead wire||Approx. 0.9||<-||Approx. 0.9||<-||Approx. 0.9|
|Lead wire length||Specified length||<-||Specified length||<-||Specified length|
Unit = mm
Unit = mm *The high-temperature resistant type has a non-fused and protected part (refer to the above drawings).
The maximum operating temperature of the lead part is 260℃.
How to Apply Product Symbols
Select the grade/sheet size
NSP: Standard size for general use / NSV: Standard size for high temperatures
NSMP: Miniature size for general use / NSMV: Miniature size for high temperatures
Select the thermocouple type
K: Type K thermocouple
T: Type T thermocouple (NSMH only)
Select the terminal processing method
N: Cut off and no processing afterward
Y: With Y terminal (M4)
Lead wire length
Please specify the desired length. (Unit: mm)
Please see the table below for the detailed specifications of the lead wires.
Lead wire specifications
|K thermocouple||T thermocouple|
|Conductor||Surface treatment||ー||DF treatment||ー|
|Material||Positive side||Nickel-chromium alloy||Copper|
|Negative side||Nickel alloy||Copper-nickel alloy|
|Outside diameter||mm||Approx. 0.2||Approx. 0.2|
|Insulation||Thickness||mm||Approx. 0.05||Approx. 0.05||Fluorine resin (PFA)|
|Outside diameter||mm||Approx. 0.3||Approx. 0.3|
|Identification||ー||(+) Red (-) Blue||(+) Red (-) Brown|
|Twisted pair||Outside diameter of the twisted pair||mm||Approx. 0.6||Approx. 0.6|
|Sheath||Thickness||mm||Approx. 0.15||Approx. 0.15||Fluorine resin (PFA)|
|Outside diameter||mm||Approx. 0.9||Approx. 0.9|
|Standard overall diameter||mm||Approx. 0.9||Approx. 0.9|
|Electrical characteristics||Reciprocating conductor resistance (20℃, standard)||Ω/m||31.5||16.5||JIS C 1610|
|Insulation resistance (20℃, minimum)||MΩ･km||1000||1000|
|Tolerance||From -40℃ to less than +333℃||℃||±2.5||–|
|From -40℃ to less than +133℃/td>||℃||ー||±1|
|From 333℃ to less than 1200℃||℃||0.0075×|t|||ー|
|From 133℃ to less than 350℃||℃||ー||0.0075×|t||
|Standard thermal electromotive force at 100℃||μV||4096||4279||JIS C 1602|
*Please feel free to contact our Sales Department for information such as product specifications, how to order, and unit selling prices.